(949) 493-4150 kiran@knairlaw.com

Immigration Law

Investor & Employment Visas & Green Cards


L-1 Non-immigrant Visa: L-1 classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager or professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager with the purpose of establishing branch or office in United States. There is no requirement to do international trade.

Investor Visa: The E-2 nonimmigrant classification allows a national of a treaty country (a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation) to be admitted to the United States when investing a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. Certain employees of such a person or of a qualifying organization may also be eligible for this classification. General qualifications require visa applicant (1) be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation; (2) has invested, or be actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States, and (3) seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise, which is generally established by showing at least 50% ownership of the enterprise, or possession of operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.

Greencard Through Investment: EB-5 visa is available to entrepreneurs (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) who make an investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States and who plan to create or preserve ten permanent full time jobs for qualified United States workers, are eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence). Up to 10,000 visas may be authorized each fiscal year for eligible entrepreneurs. The investment must be minimal of one million dollars, or at least half a million dollars if in a targeted employment area (high unemployment or rural area). In return, USCIS may grant conditional permanent residence to the individual.

Greencard Through Special Categories of Job: you may be able to become a permanent resident (get a green card) through a special job category. However, the program is limited to individuals who meet particular qualifications and/or apply during certain time frames. Special immigrant classification requirements vary widely and may require the employer to file a Form I-360. Most of these categories are either foreign national religious workers or employees and former employees of the U.S. government or benefiting the United States government abroad.


Resourceful and Friendly


“My experience with Kiran Nair was warm and professional. I first met with her for a free consulation on my legalizagion. I asked multiple questions and after receiving upfront and really informative answers, I knew I needed to go with her. During the paperwork process Kiran and her associates were always in touch with me to answer questions or address concerns, giving me an answer right way or calling me back in a timely manner. They were great at keeping me updated on the process and walking me through the steps I needed to follow. Everything went smoothly because they were on point in their research and submission of my forms and paperwork. I wasn’t the only one who was impressed. When my residency was approved, the person in charge commented on how admirable Kiran’s resourcefulness was and how complete my paperwork was. I will always be grateful to Kiran and her firm. And when it it is time to tackle my citizenship I know I will be enlisting their warm, friendly, professional, resourceful services again.”


Eddy Hemming

Contact Us for a Consultation

Call (949) 493-4150Schedule an Appointment

Contact Us for a Consultation

Call (949) 493-4150Schedule an Appointment